There have been a number of times in my life that I was pierced with the pain of frustrations. I usually experience this in situation I am in, if people did not do exactly what I told them to do or most of the times if I miss a goal.
But as I grow in my relationship with Christ, I have learned that FRUSTRATION is just a MISPLACED EXPECTATION. I was frustrated because what I expect to happen did not happen at all. I realized that sometimes things will not go like what we expect them to go because nobody is perfect and things can be sometimes out of our control. Everybody will surely commit a mistake along the way. And during this time, I can only achieve peace within myself if I forgive and let go. It is really a struggle for me to do this but I constantly pray for my heart to God and I know He is able to do all things and He will help me if I will call unto Him and will depend upon Him.
I have learned the habit of calming myself with God’s Word so that even in the midst of frustration and stress, I can still have the peace that comes only from God.
3. Romans 8:28– And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
4. Galatians 6:9 – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
5. Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
6. Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
7. 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
8. Deuteronomy 31:8 – The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
9. Philippians 4:6-7– Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
10. Psalm 56:3-4 – But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?
Remember, when what you expect did not happen and you want to feel frustrated, God is in control.